Apply to work at SC360
Structured Cabling Technicians Required
SC360 is one of North America’s leaders in the telecommunications industry offering integrated and complimentary products and services. We offer value added services and turnkey solutions in installation and network maintenance. We are proud to employ over 1,000 highly skilled technicians who help us provide the best customer experience across Ontario and Quebec. Our employees work in a team environment and are empowered to participate, be creative and grow in the multi-faceted challenges of a growth-oriented entrepreneurial company in the Telecommunication and Security Solutions industry.
Our Ottawa division is currently looking to add structured cabling installation technicians to the team at junior, intermediate and senior levels.
- Performs the installation of structured cabling (CAT 5E, CAT 6 and others) and optical fiber according to the requirements (diagrams). infrastructure, plan and estimate time, quality etc. provided for in the contract)
- Label cables according to defined standards.
- Performs the necessary tests after installation and makes the necessary corrections if necessary
The suitable candidate must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- High school diploma
- Criminal background check
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident for the Security Screening Process
- Preferred candidates will have (or must be willing to obtain) GOVERNMENT OF CANADA SECURITY CLEARANCE – Secret clearance
Junior level 1 position
- 0 to 5 years’ experience
- Assist senior and lead technicians in daily service calls
- Follows instructions from assigned supervisor
- Takes on small jobs with little supervision;
- Understands and follows a simple floor plan;
- Answers simple questions from customers;
- Adapts to different work environments (construction site versus lawyer’s office);
Intermediate level 2 position
- 5 to 10 years’ experience
- Receives and completes daily work orders from service manager;
- Ensures proper materials are being used before the start of a job or project;
- Ensures safety procedures are maintained throughout a job or project;
- Ensures test results are properly downloaded into the test equipment with the proper identification;
Senior level 3 position
- 10 or more years’ experience
- Acquires necessary information and requirements from customers;
- Addresses any concerns from customers and management;
- Analyses work orders/plans/specs before leaving the office and confirms that all materials / labourers are available to complete the work.
- Approves contractors invoices when required;
- Approves time sheets from staff or contractors;
- Assist in employee evaluations;
- Valid G driver’s License with a clear driver’s abstract
- Knowledge of Belden, Panduit and Corning design products
- Ability to use your own vehicle every day
- Willingness to travel throughout the national capital region
- Current WHMIS
- Working at Heights and Fall Arrest Certification
- Insurance medical and dental plan after 3 months’ probation
- Retirement plan RRSP
- Permanent position
- Possibility of overtime
- Growing business with solid reputation
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and energetic team, you apply for this job by completing the form below. Someone from our team will be in touch with you soon!
Now Hiring: Cable Technicians to support Rogers Communication.
Are you looking for a NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY? WE ARE WILLING TO PROVIDE TRAINING FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE WILLING TO LEARN!
Who is SC360?
We are a leading telecommunications company with an innovative spirit and a supportive team atmosphere. We are focused on providing world class customer service to everyone we encounter.
What’s in it for you?
- Unlimited earning potential in the form of piecework (don’t worry, we guarantee the minimum wage of Ontario).
- Six (6) weeks paid in-class and on-the-job training program.
- Comprehensive Group Benefit plan, company uniform, free cell phone and laptop, SC 360 vehicle (and we pay for gas and maintenance) and industry specific tools and equipment provided.
- 30% discount on Rogers services.
What we are looking for:
SC360 is made up of great people who take pride in what we do and we are looking for more of them. People who want to exceed customer expectations. People who enjoy working with and learning about technology. People like you!
- Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems (Basic and Hi-Speed Internet, Basic and Digital TV and Home Phone) to the satisfaction of the customer and in accordance with company specifications.
- Reconnect/disconnect equipment and/or services as per company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Complete installation work (e.g., rewires, drop replacements).
- Promote and sell company services and make customers aware of same.
- Complete accurate documentation pertaining to installations, service and sales activity.
- Assist Managers in reducing departmental costs through efficiencies and improved productivity.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license.
- Knowledge of cabling and computer technology an asset.
- Professional, trustworthy, and reliable with a strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills and proficiency in a Windows environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals and to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Ability to organize work and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently.
Anticipated start date: Thursday December 13th, 2018.
Areas: York Region, Durham Region and Barrie Region.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and energetic team, you apply for this job by completing the form below.
Thank you for your interest in working with SC360 Inc. Only those candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted.